Polka Mass, If you don't believe me listen for yourself

Since I was told by a commenter in my last post on the Polka Mass:
Our parish has an annual polka Mass, which I haven't attended for some years, but I don't recall actual polka dance music. The hymns were beautiful, appropriate and reverent
Well lets have a listen for yourself.  This is celebrated by Rev. George Balasko, the priest who wrote the music proper for the Polka Mass.

Opening Hymn :00
Gloria 4:40
Responsorial 9:35
Alleluia verse 11:45
Offertory 30:30
Sanctus? 33:30  It's not polka but they replaced the Sanctus with the first verse of Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty! (a good hymn mind you, but it cannot replace the Sanctus)
Agnus Dei 41:05
Communion 43:00 LOL SHOOT ME!  
Closing Hymn 48:25

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Thank you for that interesting clip of American Catholic Liturgy. I have never actually seen one of these.

"Lord, this is the people that longs to see your face." Is this the best we have to offer?

It's like giving God an ugly tie for Father's Day. He accepts it because He loves His children, but shouldn't we be finding out what our Father would really like?

Dad29 said...

Contrast that crap to the Offertory at the Pope's Mass in Westminster. There, the choir sang Bruckner's Christus Factus Est as a meditation (Christ was made to suffer for us...even unto death).

Badger Catholic said...

Hah, I wonder what our Holy Father would think of the Polka Mass... I'm sure he knows what Polka Music is.