Update on Dominic Pio

A few days ago I posted on the story of 5 month old Dominic Pio.  His father is former state assemblyman Mark Gundrum.

An update:
Just a quick update.  Dominic is doing well, very well, there is no breathing tube!!!  He is definitely still in need of prayers as he is very high risk for leaking cerebral fluid and getting infections. He is in pain tonight,but they are doing a good job of trying to keep him comfortable.  Again, please pray for these intentions, it is hard to see your baby uncomfortable.

The surgeons did an incredible job and I can't wait to show you some pictures as soon as I am able to upload them.  He is extremely swollen at this point and it is expected to get worse before it gets better, but has a completely new face with no encephalocele  and a beautiful new nose and lips!  I cannot wait until I can see my little boy's smile again, soon enough I am sure!  So many people have reached out to us and have offered their love, it has made this process grace filled.  Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for praying Dominic through this surgery, please help us pray for him for a complete recovery!  I am so tired I will have to post when I can think straight, please understand :). Until tomorrow...

Oh by the way little Dominic, even Governor Walker and Congressman Sensenbrenner called to see how you are doing.
Continued prayers are needed:
Things can change very quickly we were told and that is what is happening, Dominic could use some prayers tonight. He has come down with a fever, his sodium levels are high and he is having trouble clearing his phlegm causing his saturation levels to drop. These are all very common things after this type of surgery,but nerve wracking and scary. It is so hard to see him like this,I just want to scoop him up and make it all better.
I'd hate to be a parent in this situation under Obamacare. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Breath taking!