Fr Nathan Reesman: On “Coming Out” From the Pulpit - A Healthy Approach to Same Sex Attraction

The Milwaukee Archdiocese posted a link to this article on their website.
For a few years now I have had the privilege to walk with men and women who experience same sex attraction, and who desire to live an integrated life of wholeness and joy, in fidelity to the demands of chastity.

They do not like the terms “gay” or “lesbian” because they understand that whole, healthy persons do not reduce themselves to their mere parts, or to labels that can put them in boxes for years to come.

These same men and women also understand the pitfalls of sharing their own sexual struggles and attractions with wide audiences. Occasionally some of them may prayerfully discern the need for a carefully delivered witness talk about their story in support of the Church’s teachings, but such situations should be the exception rather than the norm. In our modern culture where the prevailing approach to sexuality is to speak without restraint, the people that I walk with attempt to take a very different approach that treats such topics with the delicacy, modesty, and sacred veiling that they deserve. We are not meant to live as though we are turned inside out, and doing so is not necessary for healthy integration.
continue at Exsulare

This is an excellent and reasonable reply from a fellow priest of the Milwaukee Archdiocese.

As you have probably seen, the ample national mainstream media coverage has twisted the words of Abp. Listecki (whether you agree with it or not) just as the JS did with their original story. 

The progressives in the Catholic Church continue to push to change Church teaching on sexual purpose and morality(they did it to JPII, they'll do it to us).  This will assuredly make it to a papal in flight interview where a perfectly ambiguous papal response is weaponized by those intent on changing the Church's "out of date" teaching.  Find peace this Christmas season, the darkness does not last.

Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
the Lord answered me and set me free.
With the Lord on my side I do not fear.
What can man do to me?
The Lord is on my side to help me;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to put confidence in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to put confidence in princes.

Psalm 118

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting, especially that great Psalm. God Bless