Fr Z attends the Gregorian Chant workshop in Madison last weekend

I am attending a diocesan sponsored workshop on Gregorian Chant held at the diocesan center in Madison.
A diocesan sponsored event MUST be supported!

Brick by brick!

His Excellency Bp. Morlino is also attending and showing support!
There was a celebration of vespers, a meal and break.


We are back at it now. Fr Skeris is warming up. He is talking about signs, and active participation.
WDTPRS

How did this go, for those of you who attended?

I will be posting a picture of what I got to look at this weekend, where an apparently drunk artist was given free rein.  I should have been wearing a shirt that says "I'd rather be singing Gregorian Chant."

4 comments:

Dad29 said...

A most enlightening and encouraging event!!

Rarely will one encounter such a well-researched and -organized presentation of the theology and ideals of musica sacra, and so clearly presented!

Best of all, Bp. Morlino attended BOTH of the lecture-sessions AND was the celebrant for the Mass ending the event--a clear sign to his Diocese that he is very serious about the nature and quality of music in worship in Madison Diocese.

Another good thing: about 50% of the attendees were under the age of 30, with the vast majority under the age of 60--meaning that the young'uns are being formed well.

Dad29 said...

BTW, where you were, "the artist was given free REIN"--like a horse has when the rider no longer controls him with the reins.

Badger Catholic said...

I think if they have it next year I will attend, no offense to the good people in the diocese of La Crosse. But with the bishop so directly involved, I don't think that can be beat. I haven't heard of anything like that in the entire country.

And I'm a little slow, even if my horse isn't. :)

Ben Y said...

It was an awesome event! I hope they have it again. It was wonderful, and I learned a lot! If anybody has a chance to come to one of these, please do it!